• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Sticky Testing an Amazon Affiliate Setup Here at The Forum

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
So I read the forums from the "Latest Post" page and use the lightening bolt to get the freshest material. There is no link there so I went looking for one and found it at the bottom of home page, but not identified as Amazon. Anyway, clicking on it opened up my Amazon account page so I'll use that route to get there in future when I go shopping instead of using the icon on my homescreen.

I know it's confusing and I might be wrong......

The link on the home page is not for you, believe it or not it is for Amazon. The need to find the link on our home page to verify that we are promoting them.

For the forum to get the credit, you have to click on a link elsewhere that takes you to the product you want to buy.

Last edited:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member

The link on the home page is not for you, believe it or not it is for Amazon. The need to find the link on our home page to verify that we are promoting them.

For the forum to get the credit, you have to click on a link elsewhere that takes you to the product you want to buy.
Great idea! You could make a wish list and link to it.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist

Might need to be careful about that, I haven't looked at all the T&C's in a while, but most of these affiliate things specifically discourage (at threat of cancellation) overly farming your own links or gaming the system in any way.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Might need to be careful about that, I haven't looked at all the T&C's in a while, but most of these affiliate things specifically discourage (at threat of cancellation) overly farming your own links or gaming the system in any way.

Good advice. I have modified my post accordingly.

Thank you.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
So it's important to know if buying from the cart is really required for CHMW to get credits.

FWIW - i love the shopping cart. Use it all the time, especially when considering various similar items.

WOW: 3% for tools is awesome and that will add up fast. My wife would guess that would be a hundred bucks a month just from me!

I think being beside or close to the ‘members spotted deals’ or the ‘classifieds’ would be appropriate.

Well done Josh. :) thanks!

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Can we get the "Featured Product:" advert moved to the bottom of the RH panel PLEASE!

ChazzC

Just took a look at the Home Page and saw what @YYCHM meant. However, for whatever reason (Safari 17.4.1 on M1 2020 MBA), the image doesn't show up:
20240518 Amazon Affiliate.png
The link does work, but takes me to the Amazon.ca site rather than Amazon.com; while I can switch between Amazon sites, it does add a layer of complexity and based on the few times I have purchased on the UK site I need to use the local currency.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The link does work, but takes me to the Amazon.ca site rather than Amazon.com; while I can switch between Amazon sites, it does add a layer of complexity and based on the few times I have purchased on the UK site I need to use the local currency.

Being in the US, you would not use it and it wouldn't help us anyway. I'd just ignore the link if I were you.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Can we get the "Featured Product:" advert moved to the bottom of the RH panel PLEASE!

Over to @Jwest7788 on this. Not sure that's possible though. It MUST BE on the home page for it to work.

On my phone, it's at the very bottom so it doesn't bother me at all. Besides, I almost never visit the home page.

FWIW - i love the shopping cart. Use it all the time, especially when considering various similar items.

WOW: 3% for tools is awesome and that will add up fast. My wife would guess that would be a hundred bucks a month just from me!

I think being beside or close to the ‘members spotted deals’ or the ‘classifieds’ would be appropriate.

Well done Josh. :) thanks!
Cart or no cart this sounds like a great idea to me! You can be sure I'll be making my future Amazon purchases thru CHMW links! Can't wait to see what the results are like! Keep us posted on the progress please @Jwest7788 !!!

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Over to @Jwest7788 on this. Not sure that's possible though. It MUST BE on the home page for it to work.

On my phone, it's at the very bottom so it doesn't bother me at all. Besides, I almost never visit the home page.

It use to be at the bottom of the home page which was fine, but now it's on the top for me:(

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
It use to be at the bottom of the home page which was fine, but now it's on the top for me:(

Actually, @140mower has a good thought. What happens if you make your browser window narrower or wider? Sometimes that will move subordinate screens.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
"June's Mystery Item Specific to Machinists!"

Time to change the page on the calendar boys......

OR better yet.... remove the June's reference.

Also.... PLEASE...PLEASE.... push that ad window to the the bottom of the home page!

"June's Mystery Item Specific to Machinists!"

Time to change the page on the calendar boys......

OR better yet.... remove the June's reference.

Also.... PLEASE...PLEASE.... push that ad window to the the bottom of the home page!
Was it an orange welding jacket for everyone, or are they targeted?