• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Tool Tangential tool holders.

Tool

toglhot

just a Backyard Butcher.
I made these tangential tool holders a while back, along with some standard type holders with diffenet rakes on them. To sharpen the bits for the tangentials I also made a simple jig. The tangentials don't get a lot of use, I prefer the standard type, they give better access to the job.

They're a simple welded design as I didn't have a mill at the time. The slots for the bits were milled on the lathe.

Attachments

• tang1.jpg
    tang1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 40
  • tang6.jpg
    tang6.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 34
  • tang7.jpg
    tang7.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 33
  • tang2.jpg
    tang2.jpg