• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Table Build.. Finally Done

Parttogo

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 17

gsg9.ca

Very impressive. If you get a chance to do a more detailed write up I think people would be interested. Also some pics of the test cuts when you do them.

Parttogo

Got the table Dialed In Today.. THC is working perfect , little cable management and it is ready for some water.

kylemp

Got the table Dialed In Today.. THC is working perfect , little cable management and it is ready for some water.
Water is pretty much a must have.. I only ran mine a handful of times on smaller (not 2 hr) cuts and the smoke that comes off is horrible for you and your stuff. If you haven't got water in yet it's amazing both how much dust it traps and how cool the part stays when the water kicks back up onto the part.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Really nice build. Really, really, nice. Good job. You might want to put a Scotchbrite pad over your PC fan intake, especially as it sits below table height.

Great work--enjoy!

Parttogo

Controller is in the tan box and is filtered. if you look in the third pic you will see the PC it is a Mini Acepc AK1 with a 1 TB hard drive installed.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Either way, great work. I hope you gets lots of fun and revenue out of it. Congrats.

Parttogo

This will be Table # 3 for me. First one was purchased from a company in Calgary.. Was a piece of crap truth be told. Guess that is why they are out of business:) Table #2 came from Fastcut Cnc out of Kamloops .. Much better table... But # 3 is the best ... I may be bias :)

Parttogo

Been at plasma cutting for about 15 years now.. Looking to build a cnc router next. Something that will machine aluminum.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Nice build! Was the intent to make commercial parts or more personal/hobby purposes?

Looking forward to your CNC router project, post lots of pics. Do you have a particular design in mind, or wanting to integrate some specific ideas of your own? I don't now much about them other lurking on sites like CNC Zone. It occurred to me CNC might be a deep hobby unto itself so I chickened out. LOL.

I think I linked this guy's YouTube channel in an unrelated post. He popped up on an RC forum a few years back & produced some nice parts. I'm not sure if he went on to kit his design but thought you might find it interesting.

Parttogo

I do a little of both, make some commercial parts and use it as a hobby. Definitely not my source of a living.. I did see the platform cnc table.. think I would build my router from scratch.