• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Stores to check out in Edmonton??

Hello everyone, I haven't been on here for quite some time. Life decided to throw some more headaches our way.

But we are finally getting to the other side of it.

My wife and I will be in Edmonton for the next 4 days, and will have quite a bit of time to get out and enjoy some shopping/browsing. I'm hoping some of you can suggest some good stores in Edmonton to check out.
Hobby type machinist stores, and woodworking shops.
I'm going to check out Lee Valley, but I'm sure there is lots more interesting places to check out.
Thanks in advance, any suggestions are appreciated.
Ken

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
50 clicks south, lots of interesting metal in there

Thanks for mentioning the Busy Bee store Craig. That's exactly the type of store I'm looking for.

To the other suggestions, I think pretty much every liquor store everywhere
looks quite similar.
I won't be able to convince my wife that driving 6 hours round trip to Calgary for the KMS store is worth it.
The reynolds museum looks great, but my messed up leg would make walking around the whole place both painful and tiring right now. But I appreciate the serious answers.

Thanks,
Ken

Thanks to everyone for replying to my question.
Busy Bee, Kms, Lee Valley, and United Tool will all get a visit.

Now I just need to figure out which Gun Stores to visit. P&D ent. Always gets a visit whenever I'm in the city...

Ken

Ironman

Ultra Member
I'm into PCP rifles and I cannot find any place in Edmonton that knows what I'm talking about.
Prices alone has stopped me from waving as I pass Cabelas

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I'm into PCP rifles and I cannot find any place in Edmonton that knows what I'm talking about.
Prices alone has stopped me from waving as I pass Cabelas
Airgun Source in Peterboro is where I found the most online and on the phone help.
Nothing worthwhile anywhere local to me.

trevj

Ultra Member
Check and see if Bedrock Supply is still in business there.

Heavily oriented towards Jewellery, and related making, some lapidary, casting supplies, and gold mining equipment too.

I have told folks in the past, that if you can walk down an aisle there, and not have ideas start going off in your head like fireworks, of things to try, you have no imagination, or the blood flow to your brain is at a stop!

I have bought some casting supplies there in the past, as well as small quantities of silver wire for various projects.

Ironman

Ultra Member
Airgun Source in Peterboro is where I found the most online and on the phone help.
Nothing worthwhile anywhere local to me.
I'm aware of them, but they have little to show in the big bore, .357 to.500 cal

Greywynd

.500 cal? Oh my, you're not dickin around, are you?
I’ve been to Ironman’s, he has some nice stuff he’s put together.

Back to the original post, for small stuff I can’t think of much else, though there are two Princess Auto stores.

Haven’t been into United tool yet, but there are several industrial tool suppliers in town. What they actually stock on hand though seems hit and miss.

Ironman

Ultra Member
I’ve been to Ironman’s, he has some nice stuff he’s put together.

Back to the original post, for small stuff I can’t think of much else, though there are two Princess Auto stores.

Haven’t been into United tool yet, but there are several industrial tool suppliers in town. What they actually stock on hand though seems hit and miss.
United sells Sowa and all kinds of CNC tooling, lathe chucks, drills, insert holders, and all the stuff you need when you aren't polishing your lathe. Micrometers, digital scales etc, and they have a table of stuff at reduced prices. Most of the KMS type stores have a little bit of high quality tooling and you have to hunt for it. United toll there is no hunting, but they will ask if you want offshore stuff.
Princess is worth hunting the Surplus, I have picked up packages of 5 dormer 12mm drills, 15/32, 3/8, 10mm and such for 10 bucks a pack.