• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Steve here from Ajax, Ontario

EricB

Hey Steve! I think you might be our first non-Albertan. Welcome!

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Hey Steve I grew up in london ont. Drove through Ajax many times. its a small place but i bet its nice. I have always loved that area of ont. Welcome to the form

EricB

A couple of projects I need to get to but not sure when I will. Make some clamps for my 12" disk sander and restore my little horizontal mill.
Ooo, I'm excited to see the mill. What make is it??

schor

My setup:

Atlas th54 from the 40's, I have a quick change gearbox I am still cleaning up and replacing bushings before I put it on the lathe.

A busybee b240 benchtop mill.

An atlas 42b benchtop press. Here's a vid comparing it to a newer drill press :)

Which I made a slow speed pulley block for.

A beaver 3700 floor drill press. Here it is with the table raising mechanism. Still haven't finished the table for it.

The horizontal mill was originally bought int he 40's by Greavette boatworks in Gravenhurst Ontario. The guy I bought it from said his father took it home with him when greavette closed down.
IMG_20141123_194510.jpg

I also have a tablesaw, planer, jointer, etc for woodworking.

EricB

Very cool, Steve. I've actually seen your new vs. old drill-press video before. I have an old Beaver benchtop, same vintage as your floor-mount.