• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Standard modern utilathe9 feed selector

pikespeedshop

Hey guys i have a standard morden utilathe 9 model a
I’m missing the feed selector arm does anyone as one frommpartind a machine ….
Or picture with detail mesurement so I can make one..

Thanks

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Last edited:

pikespeedshop

all right thanks to @YYCHM I now have a power feed selector...
but seem like the clutch engament is slipping do anyone knows if an ajustment is possible, just possibly need a good cleaning or the part may be just to worn out....

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
all right thanks to @YYCHM I now have a power feed selector...
but seem like the clutch engament is slipping do anyone knows if an ajustment is possible, just possibly need a good cleaning or the part may be just to worn out....

I've never adjusted mine, but I'm sure it can be done. @Hruul , @YotaBota, @RobinHood can you shed any light on this?

I have spare clutch parts if you need them.

Craig

Last edited:

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
AFAIK there is no adjustment, you tighten the clutch knob until the carriage or cross slide moves. If it won't tighten up enough then you could put a spacer between the clutch knob and the handle and see if it's any better. If that doesn't work then the clutch plates could be worn out and in need of replacing. They should be to hard to duplicate as I think they're just brass plate.

The pictures show how the gear fits over the clutch plates, next is the clutch plates with the spacer that clamps them tight and the clutch knob that does the tightening.

P1010596.JPG P1010597.JPG P1010598.JPG

Hope this helps.