• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Standard Modern 1340 GCSurplus Auction

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I'm interested to see what this goes for. Looks like metric.

FS2636510.JPEG

trevj

Ultra Member
I'm pretty surprised to see what terrible shape it is in. It didn't see any love, and not much care either!

Had higher hopes for the box o' goodies, was expecting to see the usual complement of steadies and spare chucks, etc.

For cheap enough though, it may be a buy! Not for me, though.

trevj

Ultra Member
$5600 current bid; 1 day 16 hours to go…
Couple hours left, be interesting to see if anyone wants it more than the current bidder!

IMO, unless you had an inside line on all the kit that came with the lathe (and should still be with it!), but is not seen in the auction, I think the buyer is doing himself (or her) a disservice at that price.

But, Meh! You cant get out of McDonalds for much under $20 these days.

And, on the subject of crooked deals, my personal experience, was to have been investigated by the Military Police, at one point, when some parts went missing off a lathe that was awaiting disposal by CADC. At that time, they were all sealed bids and on a paper mailing list. My name somehow crossed their paths, and as soon as they found that I was not actually even on the CADC mailing list, they decided I probably had nothing to do with the missing parts! (the Tailstock and topslide, off a lathe very much like this one!)