• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Speed Controller

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My buddy went through that. Each removal got 'most' but also left some micro shrapnel behind & that was excruciatingly painful to pass. He said they were the size of micro sand grains but I guess feels like broken glass the long ride down the Ouchey tube. He had a sudden pain attack while we were driving to Sask. I thought surely we were going for the ditch.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I've found the best home treatment is lying in a hot bath after a couple of pain killers I also have a wrap around blanket type heater that was used as a fat removal thing years ago, I've passed a few bigger stones around 1/4 inch with not much problem the good thing is they say to drink beer to flush the system.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Last year I passed one that did quite a bit of damage on the way out. left me with an urinary tract infection for a couple of weeks. I'd recommend skipping the experience.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I am afflicted as well, passed some small stuff but the prize is still inside — 3 stones the size of smarties. They check them ever 2 years or so with ultrasound to see if anything is moving — so far so good

Good luck and speedy return!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My gosh. I hope ya all can get thru the troubles ok. I've heard kidney stones are one of the most painful things a man can experience. I have 2 older brothers that have already had them and have had horror stories from them also. I've also read that there is some sort of genetic link/perpensity for them....man I don't want to get them. Maybe the beer drinking thing will save me. Lol.