• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Sowa holiday sale

Rauce

Ultra Member
I’d buy that big chuck at that price, but I guess you have to call them because it doesn’t show a sale price on their site.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I’d buy that big chuck at that price, but I guess you have to call them because it doesn’t show a sale price on their site.

I added it to a shopping cart and it still didn't show the sale price.

Nice 3/4" chuck for the money!

Rauce

Ultra Member
I added it to a shopping cart and it still didn't show the sale price.

Nice 3/4" chuck for the money!
I tried the same. Sometimes it’s nice to have a big drill chuck for large chucking reamers. It’s a rare occasion but still nice to have. I used to have a 3/4” capacity Jacobs super but I stupidly sold it with my old mill.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Maybe you got that flyer from the dot COM site? I don't see the corresponding dot CA sale.

I thought the same thing, but I don't think so. The regular price in @Chicken lights flyer is identical to the price on the Canadian website.

The price on the US Flyer is lower still.

architect

Super User
How does one get the pricing? Interested in the chuck and mag indicator set. I tried to call but the person didn't seem to know and just said they can't sell directly to me and I have to talk to a distributor.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
So I search them online, dial up the Canadian website looking for the sale, and they don't show it. No link to a flyer, sale, nuttin'.

I search for the Asimeto precision parallel set by number, regular price listed, no sale price noted anywhere, despite the fact that the OP photo shows the sale is good until month end. First time I've heard of these guys & I don't like 'em already.

Am I missing something?

Rauce

Ultra Member
How does one get the pricing? Interested in the chuck and mag indicator set. I tried to call but the person didn't seem to know and just said they can't sell directly to me and I have to talk to a distributor.
I’ve heard before that they are hesitant to sell direct unless you go to the HQ in person.

They have a bunch of distributors all over and don’t want to tread on their territory.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
If I can't order direct from Sowa, I think I'll call my jobber tomorrow and see if they will sell me one at that price. If not, then they are gouging me and I won't be happy!

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
I believe Try Hard Industries is 1 of Sowa's distributers. Could give them a shout out, see if they have any reps in your area.
Just don't expect to get the flyer deal unless you have an account with them or know someone.
I don't think they would sell 10 pen scriber's and nitrile gloves to just anyone off the street anymore....imagine that!

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
My goto jobber is Varco. They carry Sowa and GS stuff. I know cuz I bought replacement jaws for my GS vise there.