• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Source of Lathe oils and lubes?

Crankit

Where is a good source to pick up way oil and non-detergent oils for the lathes in smaller quantities? I would rather not have five gallon pails laying around.

Cheers

Wayne

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
I use 20 weight non detergent automotive motor oil. Available in 1 liter bottles from Canadian tire.

kylemp

I just bought the 5gal pails. It's not the best thing but I'm not worried about running out, I'm sure you could get 4 others to go in with you to get a jug and split it up. If I recall the vactra 2 and dte46 (for the gear head on my previous lathe) was about 200 for a 5gal of each from mobil1.

eotrfish

Super User
I've got a 5gal pail of Shell Tonna-T68 that I'm willing to share - bring your own container.

Message me for contact details and location.

Brent

Last edited:

Crankit

I've got a 5gal pail of Shell Tonna-T68 that I'm willing to share - bring your own container.

Message me for contact details and location.

Brent

I would love to take you up on the generous offer but I'm in BC!

P.S. Very nice reel for your avatar!

Wayne