• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Smooth operator

slow-poke

Ultra Member
I posted a wanted .... motor ad on marketplace.

Guy contacts me and states he has one matching what I'm looking for, I ask for a picture, he sends one, I ask for an image of the faceplate, he sends another image of a faceplate, but they don't match. He states ignore the first image that's another motor I'm selling. Claims he is from Thunder Bay and will sell and ship for $140

hmm.... shipping is not cheap from Thunder Bay to Ottawa

His phone has a London area code..... hmmm

Pressing for eTransfer...... hmmmm

Call his mobile and he responds by txt, but the phone seems to be inoperative for an actual phone call... hmmmm

Google his name and find this:

hmmmm......

I'm going to pass on this "bargain"

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The biggest problem with this is the number of people who get scammed by crooks like this.

Kudos to you for recognizing the fraud early.

Consider reporting him to Kijiji.