• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Small tools to trade?

trlvn

Ultra Member
So I've picked up a couple of auction box lots and have some duplicates. I wondered if anybody was interested in these. Particularly for a trade. Remember, I'm located in Oakville.

1) Cheap bearing scrapers, set of 3. These are made in India and may embody the worst of the stereotypes about tools from that region! Straight, triangular and curved. Possibly the best value would be to reuse the handles somewhere!

Bearing scrapers.jpg

2) "K" size drills (2) with Morse taper #1 shank. They say on the box that they were made in Sheffield, England by "Vana". A web search for that company turned up nothing. Also called a "High Speed Twist Drill" but who knows what they are actually composed of. The MT1 shank does seem to fit in a sleeve I have.

A K size drill is supposed to be 0.281 inches -- no idea if these are in spec. The size is equivalent to 7.41 mm or approximately 9/32 inches.

MT1 drills size K.jpg

I'm pretty much ready to give these away but it would be more fun to trade for something. Maybe you have a small tool that is a duplicate? Something you made? Even a small chuck of stock. Whatcha got?

Craig

TOBARApprentice

Super User
I’m in Ancaster...... tonnes of stuff to trade, mostly Starrett. I could use some if the taper drills. Let me know if you’d like to meet up/what you need.

PM me if you’d rather.

Cheers.

Derek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk