Show us your pups

thestelster

Ultra Member
Premium Member
This is Maya as a pup. We adopted her from Cairo Egypt. She was hit by a car and a tourist took her to a local vet and he fixed her up as best that he could. Her back end is all f'ed up. She's about 7 now, and runs around, does the zoomies, jumps on and off the couch and bed, chases squirrels and rabbits. She's quite the princess.

Attachments

• received_317852112310165.jpeg
    received_317852112310165.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 8
  • received_1219025554903694.jpeg
    received_1219025554903694.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 8
  • facebook_1713625270712_7187465327449386540.jpg
    facebook_1713625270712_7187465327449386540.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 8

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Can't resist... Dixie at 7 came into our life when Anja was 3 years old. Originally brought up from California as a puppy by an elderly lady she was a yard/deck/house dog not even leash trained. At 3 years old her owner passed and the oldest daughter got her. She became an apartment dog in downtown Vancouver and had to learn leash training dog parks, the sound of downtown traffic.

When Riley changed jobs and couldn't keep Dixie she came to us. She'd gotten to the point where being left alone had stopped eating and was so skinny. Took 3 months to bring her weight up and 2 years for the Stabyhoun personality to surface. Dixie on the right in this picture, Anja on the left. SWMBO in the middle.

1713631567333.png

With the two bones on her bed you can see why Anja was a bit peeved with her at times. Dixie left us at 14 years, 2 months when at that point she was the oldest Stabyhoun in North America. Now there are some that are over 15 years old. \

1713631005775.png

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
This is Seamus. Also answers to Dickhead.
ACDs are very much a one person dog
I'm not sure what ACD stands for Australian Collie Dingo???? My brother once had dogs very similar to that and I think he called them an Australian Stubby Tail? And I believe he said they were a blue healer and dingo cross??? They too were very much a one man dog.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
There's that damned couch again..... Gotta find me one of those,

Just download the one I posted. I got it from TomO. After you download it, you can upload again whenever you need shelter.

I was gunna say something about beautiful critters, and then say dogs are not bad either, but then I would have needed 3 couches.....

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I'm not sure what ACD stands for Australian Collie Dingo???? My brother once had dogs very similar to that and I think he called them an Australian Stubby Tail? And I believe he said they were a blue healer and dingo cross??? They too were very much a one man dog.
Australian Cattle Dogs. Most commonly either called a red heeler or a blue heeler.
Believed to be purpose bred from crossing the Northumberland Blue Merle Drovers and dingoes.
Incredibly smart, tougher than shoe leather and with a playfully mean streak a mile wide.
Not my dog in this video but pretty much sums it up.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Isn't there a saying that dogs are a reflection of their owners ? Gosh I wonder if there is any truth in that. ;)

My last two dogs were both ruggedly beautiful. You sayin I might be too?

Somebody should let my bride know that.........

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Swears she is a savage and threatens to send her after me to pay the bill

Looks like an Airedale. My neighbour has one. Very yappy.

She doesn't like vehicles, other animals, or people. But a few treats and a very firm fearless hand and she quickly learned to like me. She would prolly learn to like you too.