• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

School board auction, Oakville ON

trlvn

Ultra Member
It appears that one of the Catholic high schools here in Oakville is offering some metal shop-related items:

Note that they have eschewed the mundane description of "Lathe"--opting instead for the more colourful moniker: "Metal Shearing Machine". ;)

7250_94_1.jpg

They are also offering a RF-30 mill/drill that is very similar to mine except it is a few years older.

7250_97_1-1.jpg

No idea if any of these will end up as a "deal". Many of the lots have already attracted multiple bids even though the close isn't for 10 more days. With 6% buyers premium and 13% HST added on top, I would guess the out-the-door prices won't be gloat worthy.

Craig

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
1 Day 19 Hrs remaining.....

C $1,150.00 so far for the lathe

C $1,050.00 for the mill

13% HST, 6% Buyer's Premium

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Ozark tools has the manual if anyone picks up a lathe.
There's no mention of tooling so I think a good price will be hard to determine, $2000 in the garage could be a good deal.
Edit - I looked for more info on lathes.co.uk but there is no listing. Is Nardini a side brand of another company?

Last edited:

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
It appears that one of the Catholic high schools here in Oakville is offering some metal shop-related items:

Note that they have eschewed the mundane description of "Lathe"--opting instead for the more colourful moniker: "Metal Shearing Machine". ;)

7250_94_1.jpg

They are also offering a RF-30 mill/drill that is very similar to mine except it is a few years older.

7250_97_1-1.jpg

No idea if any of these will end up as a "deal". Many of the lots have already attracted multiple bids even though the close isn't for 10 more days. With 6% buyers premium and 13% HST added on top, I would guess the out-the-door prices won't be gloat worthy.

Craig
Thanks for keeping an eye out there Craig !!
Sometimes . . . good deals slip by before we have time to research them.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well, I can only say the lathe is worth way more then that milling machine. At 1050 plus fees the mill is more or less no longer "a deal" for Ontario.

trlvn

Ultra Member
Roll-in bandsaw: $1,407

6 X 18 surface grinder: $898 (!)

Craig

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Roll-in bandsaw: $1,407

6 X 18 surface grinder: $898 (!)

Craig
The surface grinder is a pretty good deal . . . If the mechanics and slides are in good shape.
I would think these school units would be in good shape, at least the machines in my high school courses were gently used and well maintained.

Blouin55

Michel

7250_94_1.jpg

7250_97_1-1.jpg

Craig
Thanks Craig to share!