• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Sajo58

sajo 58

Welcome!

What machines you running? Any active projects?

Let's see em!

JW
JW
Actually when I get things figured out on how to post pictures and videos I will be able to post a few things. One video I would like to make and post is a video of Baynes machine shop in Petrolia Ontario. It is over 100 years old and is all line shft driven. Absolutly incredible! As far as machinery goes I am an Instructor with Lambton college Millwright program two thirds of my teaching is in the machine shop. But I have two interesting machines that will be posted for sale. One is an Ames triplex, if you Google it there is a good you tube video of one. And the other is an Atlas 7" shaper. I just picked them up in December. One of my reasons for joining the forum is to offer it to Canadian metal hobbiest first before I post on Kijiji or American forums. But for now just learning to work your forum, which looks excellent.
Sajo58

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hey Sajo,

Appreciate you keeping us small fish in mind. That us quite a cool looking peice of equipment indeed!

I'[m sure other members will chime in shortly with thoughts and questions.

If you have troubles with the forum, shoot me a PM, email me ( admin -at- canadianhobbymetalworkers.com).

JW

John Conroy

Premium Member
Welcome the forum Sajo58. I'd love to see that Baynes machine shop video. Is it still operating today?
John

sajo 58

Welcome the forum Sajo58. I'd love to see that Baynes machine shop video. Is it still operating today?
John
The old guy that ones it still does a bit of work.
My plan is to video the shop this spring.
It is absolutely incredible to see it.
Thanks for responding.
Len