• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Sad sight

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Once Sarah McLachan is done donating her voice to animals, I'm hoping she will do the same for machinery. This is just sad, and disrespectful.

Colten Edwards

Fabricator
in the northern community of carrot river,SK. I was making a delivery and my headlights caught this lathe. When i went back two days later i took those pictures

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Is it just me, or is anyone else envisioning a Black Ops Extraction Team to get this soldier home safe and sound?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Apparent abuse on many levels. Its been violated by hillbillies. I hope the soundtrack to your BlackOps mission is Ride of the Valkyries in Apocalypse now. Not dueling banjos in Deliverance -LOL.

Attachments

• 2018-03-12_23-49-28.jpg
    2018-03-12_23-49-28.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 2018-03-12_23-49-55.jpg
    2018-03-12_23-49-55.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 22

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I'll take that theme song over @PeterT 's Dueling Banjos reference any day.

I still have squealing pig nightmares over a specific movie scene from that movie.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ya lets hope. I'm just mentioning the possibility if those were the tie-downs to the flat bed during hauling, it wouldn't take much of a bumpy road ride to squeeze on them & potentially bend the rods out of axial alignment. Those have to run true or it will show up in cutting finish.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
stll a long way to rescue a lathe. I have access to a 15000 lb flat bed, but that would be 400$ gas just to take a look|!