Rpm Sensor (missing)

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
True !
As a hobbiest, I am going to tred slowly. I have a LOT of tools just not for milling lol

This is very wise. Going slow will tend to reduce the chances of impulse buys of inexpensive stuff that looks better than it is. Especially things like sets of tooling that look great but are mostly junk in hindsight.

MecGen

This is very wise.

Good news, I had a electrician tech pass by the garage to fix his truck, I asked him about the electronics and in particular the rpm sensor in my mill. Seems like the rpm sensor was an add on either before or after the VFD. He did tell me that the rpm was a "Redlion" which is a quality company, not a 10$ chinese tach.
One thing for sure, this mill was upgraded with some quality add ons, if needed it could be parted out for way more then I payed for it.
Good day

MecGen

Yes

On the other hand, 23 posts into this and you are no closer to having a working RPM sensor, while the $10 asian one would have been on your door step by now and ready to install. :)
Oh I have a Chinesium tach on my bench ... its going on my lathe. The Red Lion tach I have with the mill is very precise, US made, I would like to get it working.

Oh and I like to talk , you should hear me at the shop lol. Cheers