• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Rotary table near Winnipeg

justindavidow

(Justin)
I considered messaging the owner of this 6" rotary table; https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tool-other/winnipeg/6-inch-rotary-table/1601071430 as I'll def need a dividing setup in a few months and this isn't a bad price for what it is.

There's NO brand info; I assume it's a cheap generic (prob from amazon?) and being ~100KM away I don't want to waste the gas going to see it in person with everything going on.

That said; it's the best price I've come across on a "nearly new" 6" rotary table.

Might be interesting to someone?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That looks identical to mine and I paid less than $400 new from... dang it I can't remember...
Let me dig a bit.

justindavidow

(Justin)
Yeah; I have zero luck getting anything half decent from amazon. I always end up back-and-forth returning the stuff I get 2-3 times before I finally get something even close to spec.

Assuming free shipping, it looks like the current listings on Amazon.COM appear to be ~300 (Table; Tailstock; and dividing set)
At current exchange; that's 377.14 CAD, or 426.17 after taxes. (I'd likely have to ship it to North Dakota and go pick it up in Pembina, ~55-60 in gas and fees at the receiver)

Not saying I enjoy that table is a decent used price; but it's not actually that bad for where I live.

That said; I still have no idea what kind of quality such a table would actually be. I IMAGINE it's going to need some cleanup and tweaking.

If you don't mind me asking @David_R8 : How do you like yours? I saw your old thread about it: https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/new-rotary-table.2646/

Still getting a lot of use? any major complaints?

deleted_user

Super User
I bought the same rotary table and set up, unused for $250 in Ontario last winter. I see these sporadically in the 300 range mostly always unused... people buy em and dont use em. Go figure.

Note I haven't used mine yet either. But I blame issues with moving and covid for that

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
In case it wasn't clear but that was an eBay purchase.
I'm very impressed by it to be honest, The fit and finish is far better than the price would have you believe. There's very little slop in the gear and the dividing plates are a very snug fit. I have a 6" 4-jaw chuck mounted on it now.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
In case it wasn't clear but that was an eBay purchase.
I'm very impressed by it to be honest, The fit and finish is far better than the price would have you believe. There's very little slop in the gear and the dividing plates are a very snug fit. I have a 6" 4-jaw chuck mounted on it now.

How well did the dividing plate crank handle fit?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Nope, didn't see that.
My table is different from yours and I had no such issues with the plates, handle or sector arms.
I did take a gamble by ordering the plates separate from the table but felt confident because the same vendor also sold the table, tailstock and plates etc as a kit for more dollars than the table with tailstock and plates separately.

Last edited: