• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Rotary broach

Rotaxxx

Has anyone here managed to make a rotary broach for the tail stock of a lathe? I want to be able to broach 1/4" hexes and looked at the commercial rotary broaches and almost fainted at the price. They don't seem too difficult to make, and you can purchase the bits separate for them. So I thought I would see if anyone here has made one, or has any plans for making one? Thanks all!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yes they are cool ànd yes they are ridiculously priced. And yes there are plans for them out there, I have some and will go looking for them now and will post them here when I find them.