• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Rookie mill man

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I recently sold my "enhanced" LC-30 it served me very well.

Enhanced my ass..... Looks more like it's nuclear powered!

Did you ever post a thread with all your LC-30 enhancements listed? Not necessarily a how-to, but perhaps a list with descriptions of what you all did to it and why......

My old mill-drill is probably a beefed up LC-30. Or at least that is the closest thing I've ever seen to it. Mine is old. Perhaps it's even an early concept or a predecessor of the LC-30. It is a no-name, a cobble job, and a dog's breakfast of a beast too. I've never seen anything quite like it other than the LC-30.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I really like the tool tray (shelf/table extension) at the front and right side. I may just steal that one. :)

I like that too. There is A LOT there. Prolly way more than obvious. Hence the ask to @slow-poke to list the upgrades and the why......

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Did you ever post a thread with all your LC-30 enhancements listed? Not necessarily a how-to, but perhaps a list with descriptions of what you all did to it and why......
Upgrades:

• Column filled with a combination of lead and hardblock*
  • Ditron magnetic scales on X, Y, Z
  • Linear bearings to maintain registration when lifting head
  • Powered head lift using Saturn windshield wiper motor*
  • Replaced the 3 nuts with permanent levers with thrust bearings for head to column lock *
  • CNC Conversion:
  • Custom control PCB with programmable logic
  • Steppers on X, Y, Z
  • Mach3
  • Touchscreen
  • Limit switches
  • Industrial sealed keyboard
  • PrehKeyTek, for numeric entry and common G-code parameters
  • Extended table front and RHS
  • Super sturdy base with drawers that started life as a 60’s steelmaster file cabinet
* Inexpensive and really worthwhile in terms of usability.

Wait to you see the enhanced knee mill;-)