Rookie mill man

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I recently sold my "enhanced" LC-30 it served me very well.

Enhanced my ass..... Looks more like it's nuclear powered!

Did you ever post a thread with all your LC-30 enhancements listed? Not necessarily a how-to, but perhaps a list with descriptions of what you all did to it and why......

My old mill-drill is probably a beefed up LC-30. Or at least that is the closest thing I've ever seen to it. Mine is old. Perhaps it's even an early concept or a predecessor of the LC-30. It is a no-name, a cobble job, and a dog's breakfast of a beast too. I've never seen anything quite like it other than the LC-30.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I really like the tool tray (shelf/table extension) at the front and right side. I may just steal that one. :)

I like that too. There is A LOT there. Prolly way more than obvious. Hence the ask to @slow-poke to list the upgrades and the why......

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Did you ever post a thread with all your LC-30 enhancements listed? Not necessarily a how-to, but perhaps a list with descriptions of what you all did to it and why......
Upgrades:

• Column filled with a combination of lead and hardblock*
  • Ditron magnetic scales on X, Y, Z
  • Linear bearings to maintain registration when lifting head
  • Powered head lift using Saturn windshield wiper motor*
  • Replaced the 3 nuts with permanent levers with thrust bearings for head to column lock *
  • CNC Conversion:
  • Custom control PCB with programmable logic
  • Steppers on X, Y, Z
  • Mach3
  • Touchscreen
  • Limit switches
  • Industrial sealed keyboard
  • PrehKeyTek, for numeric entry and common G-code parameters
  • Extended table front and RHS
  • Super sturdy base with drawers that started life as a 60’s steelmaster file cabinet
* Inexpensive and really worthwhile in terms of usability.

Wait to you see the enhanced knee mill;-)