• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

RFQ to manufacture spline and shaft

Stellrammer

Yup, I need 6 sets for the original Griffith. I need to clear my plate (as always), which 1 thing leaves and 3 get added..... Is that part interchangeable with the 200 400 and 600 ? Not sure which he specializes in.
I’ve been doing billet ones( sort of, forging actually) mostly for ease of bolt hole patterns and hub centric or non centric, and avoiding the troublesome taper.
I’ll work out something and take into consideration the thread form request.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Here is where they go on the car. The taper goes to the inside. Griffith shop says not many want to replace the part with an alternative. Doing so would probably cheaper than the 900 British pounds to get from the same source as the still poorly designed "NEW" castings. (Housings)..

Attachments

• DSCN1620.JPG
    DSCN1620.JPG
    545.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1618.JPG
    DSCN1618.JPG
    377.8 KB · Views: 17

Stellrammer

Here is where they go on the car. The taper goes to the inside. Griffith shop says not many want to replace the part with an alternative. Doing so would probably cheaper than the 900 British pounds to get from the same source as the still poorly designed "NEW" castings. (Housings)..
The £900 gbp per each are full race, if you have a V8 Griff full race prepared probably worth it, could save a death wobble at 200KPH, not for the street car occasionally driven in anger. There are some less expensive ones out there @ £400 ea but they may be out of stock by now.
I would have to make at least 50 pcs to compete with that at todays prices.
Full billet, solid I pc with appropriate wheel pcd, prior to pandemic were $1200 Cdn a pair compared to the original 2 piece which requires a wheel hub ala the taper and woodruff. If that’s an option I can follow up with current pricing

Stellrammer

I also can’t imagine anyone wanting to retain the drum brakes on a Griff. That being said I survived with rear drums on my GT6, at less weight and 1/3 rd of the HP. Are brake proportioned legal on the street? Might be difficult setting a rear disc on such a light car without getting unintended wheel lock, rear wheel lock was not an issue on the GT6, either was under steer.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
I also can’t imagine anyone wanting to retain the drum brakes on a Griff. That being said I survived with rear drums on my GT6, at less weight and 1/3 rd of the HP. Are brake proportioned legal on the street? Might be difficult setting a rear disc on such a light car without getting unintended wheel lock, rear wheel lock was not an issue on the GT6, either was under steer.
I have done some bores on Toyota disk brakes to fit on these highly frankensteined cars.. !! Many go this route that I have seen so far.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
To conclude this thread..

My customer got the call from his previous supplier here in Windsor. His price came in at the same as the UK ones, with a 6 week delivery. Price in CAD is about $1600.00.