• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

REX-CUT DG1237 $1,900 Richmond BC

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Looks like all the original tooling. It's in a hanger so possibly not a lot of use or abuse by airplane guys.

01313_4r3obmWsdtM_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

r-sim

I wonder if that's metric too - the manual has specs for both imperial and metric versions of the 1237G (also interesting that it's a non-gearhead G model!).

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I wonder if that's metric too - the manual has specs for both imperial and metric versions of the 1237G (also interesting that it's a non-gearhead G model!).
I had a very similar lathe to that one (virtually the same) Cutting most imperial and metric threads could be done with one gear swap (and gear box changes of course). Now that vfds can be had cheap the belt change is almost a plus (at least in my opinion). I think if the lathe is in decent working condition I'd happily pay $1900 for it.

crelling

Hi there.
I ended up being the one that bought the lathe. Only issues I see so far are:
1: it’s filthy. I will take most of it appart and put it in my ultrasonic cleaner.
2: there is a little play in the cross slide nut. I plan on making a new one along with the thread on my friends lathe when I can.

Other wise a great deal. I’m ended up getting it for $1400

Hi there.
I ended up being the one that bought the lathe. Only issues I see so far are:
1: it’s filthy. I will take most of it appart and put it in my ultrasonic cleaner.
2: there is a little play in the cross slide nut. I plan on making a new one along with the thread on my friends lathe when I can.

Other wise a great deal. I’m ended up getting it for $1400
Congratulations on the new toy, and welcome to the forum from Lillooet BC.

r-sim

Even filthy and with a worn cross-slide nut, that's a steal - congrats, and I hope you get many great projects from it (beyond the cleaning, lol)!

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
@crelling great score. Let me know if you have any questions. I've had everything except the headstock apart on mine.

FYI mine is a 1980 or 1981 Busy Bee 1237. Once in operation they do good work, with care (like any other lighter lathe with a long bed).