• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Repair Ideas 2

Benzdiesel1

Ok I have started this thread to fix some issues that may have been present with my other user name. This thread however just continues from my other thread.

Benzdiesel1

Johnwa I have used jb weld on external engine repairs before but I am somewhat concerned being oil soakred with lots of vibration and heat that a failure may occur. If it gets caught up in the chain and the engine being an interference engine bad things may happen.

Benzdiesel1

Apparently JB weld over time with heat cycling will shrink so its my opinion that this would be a temporary fix..

Now I'm leaning on turning a copper pin and having it tig welded as Tom had suggested. If anyone knows a shop with a resonable rates and a lot of experience that would be great.

Benzdiesel1

Found a replacement chain guide retaining pin one side a bevel which needs to be present once reconstructed the other side threaded for pin removal with a slide hammer.

Attachments

• 20190730_154540_HDR.jpg
    20190730_154540_HDR.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190730_154621_HDR.jpg
    20190730_154621_HDR.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190730_154734.jpg
    20190730_154734.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0

Tom O

Ultra Member
I've got some Aladdin 3 in 1 rods for aluminum as well as tig but i haven't tryed any repairs like that before. here is the pdf for the aladdin rods

Attachments

• aladdin 3 in 1600-02.pdf
    789.8 KB · Views: 0

Benzdiesel1

Interesting I believe those rods are simiar to durafix low temp aluminum brazing rods that require mapp gas. I have another head which is awaiting recycling I could drill a hole and you could see if it would work out. If you are game emai me and we can discuss. We would just need a straight edge to measure the matting surface before and afterward. Oh and have a copper pin made.