• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Regarding cutting and tapping oils/fluids...

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I've had a lot of people remark on my home made cutting fluids... On the topic of what is a great cutting fluid for steel, it is hard to beat the following video.

'Project Farm' is a channel that features an engineer that concocts the simplest and most effective ways to demonstrate one thing ro another. He does a lot of product testing these days...

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I already watched it - what is important to note is that the best cutting oils were not thin but quite thick - I suggested to PF to test the white soluble cutting oil with different concentrations and in a band saw. Maybe he can figure out whatever there is some magic concentration that works the best & whatever it actually helps (and by how much).

Also of note is that *anything* is better then nothing.