• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Really ?

Who woulda thunk that at our age we'd become cyberbullies, you pickin on dragon today , me project shaming David yesterday....... we're finally part of the cool crowd, and at our age to boot. 😉 😛 🙄

At first I was gunna drag you into it, but figured bullying two members at once wasn't very bright. So I backed off and took the heat myself. Besides, I'm prolly uglier than both of you put together!

Can't wait to tell my wife and kids that someone actually told me I was one of the cool kids at my age!

My wife will prolly throw you under the Facebook bus.
 
O.k. maybe the the door does open “slightly” more then 90 degrees. But dam it I want mooore. This one we have is a LG, only a few months old, no buttons etc. to open the door.
A bit of a strange world, and if powered up, I would expect things to be hot if in the microwave, something like should be cold in the fridge, and frozen in the freezer, or outside in the winter in Alberta, (only not all this week and maybe next).
So you have a Facebook bus, only can get on if got a Facebook account?
 
We are doomed as a human race if we need to have an extra button pressed to access to food that may be hot because we put it into a device that is supposed to make it hot.
IMNSHO, that ranks up there w/ buttons you have to push to turn on your vehicle cruise control prior to setting your cruise control. Just bloody stupid. 😡
 
IMNSHO, that ranks up there w/ buttons you have to push to turn on your vehicle cruise control prior to setting your cruise control. Just bloody stupid. 😡
Big trucks used to have three air knobs, blue yellow and red. Before my time. Something like blue was truck only, red was trailer only, but both have to pushed in to operate the yellow.

If you wanted to put air to the trailer but leave the truck brakes set, pull out the blue knob but leave yellow and red pushed in

You following along?
 
IMNSHO, that ranks up there w/ buttons you have to push to turn on your vehicle cruise control prior to setting your cruise control. Just bloody stupid. 😡
We had a Ford EXP that had the horn button on the end of the signal light stalk. Bad idea.
So if you were in traffic in front of some guy on a non rainy day and noticed that he had his wipers going, it was me trying to tell you the the f..ing light had turned green and it was time to go.
 
My 79 Mustang has that horn button too. I recall my Mom's 72 Mercury Marquis that had the horn button in the rim of the steering wheel. Every time Mom would get a good grip on the wheel to haul that boat through a corner the horn would blast. Lots of fun in traffic.
 
At one point in my youth, I drove a 61 GMC with conventional turn signal stalk on the left, a 64 Bedford van with the turn signal as a rotary Left-Off-Right switch in the middle of the dashboard, and a 59 DKW with the turn signal stalk on the right and the high beam switch on the left. Always took a few blocks of driving before the appropriate muscle memory resurfaced.
 
If I remember this right, my father had a 1953 Buick Roadmaster, that the starter was somehow hooked to the gas pedal. He said he'd put both hands behind his head and start the car, with people around him watching and scratching their heads how he was able to do that, hands free.

Legend has it 6 nurses could comfortably sit in the back seat, allegedly 😀
 
We had a Ford EXP that had the horn button on the end of the signal light stalk. Bad idea.
US Department of Transportation mandated all commercial vehicles were required to remove high beam dip switches from the floor of the cab and install dip switches on the turn signal stalks. The requirement was repealed a few months later after a raft of accidents caused by blonde drivers getting their feet caught in the steering wheel.
 
We had one of those way back in the dark ages.

They were the bomb! Anybody else remember the similar starter switches?

As an ex blonde (now snow white), I absolutely LOVE the blonde joke above!
 
I don't recall any that operated w/ the accelerator pedal, but I do remember the peg on the floorboards on our old GMC 3/4 ton.

The starter button was always in the middle and the dimmer on the left. They both failed regularly when snow got into them. But easy peasy to replace.
 
The starter button was always in the middle and the dimmer on the left. They both failed regularly when snow got into them. But easy peasy to replace.
Had a '69 F100 w/ rubber mats on the floor, I replaced the dimmer switch probably twice on her in three years. Had a '76 Monte Carlo & '78 GMC K10, both w/ carpet, never replaced the dimmer switch once in 8 years of ownership. Was thinking maybe the carpet had something to do w/ it?

Then again, I also had a '65 Merc 1/2 ton and a '67 F100, both w/ rubber mats, and never replaced the dimmer switches. Hmmm, he said.
 
If I remember this right, my father had a 1953 Buick Roadmaster, that the starter was somehow hooked to the gas pedal. He said he'd put both hands behind his head and start the car, with people around him watching and scratching their heads how he was able to do that, hands free.

Legend has it 6 nurses could comfortably sit in the back seat, allegedly 😀
I believe there was a small "pedal" above the gas pedal that you pushed with your toe. It then engaged the starter pinion with the ring gear and closed the contacts sending 6 volts to the starter.
 
Last edited:
Had a '69 F100 w/ rubber mats on the floor, I replaced the dimmer switch probably twice on her in three years. Had a '76 Monte Carlo & '78 GMC K10, both w/ carpet, never replaced the dimmer switch once in 8 years of ownership. Was thinking maybe the carpet had something to do w/ it?

Then again, I also had a '65 Merc 1/2 ton and a '67 F100, both w/ rubber mats, and never replaced the dimmer switches. Hmmm, he said.
I had a 70 Capri with the washer pump on the floor. Just a big rubber ball like an air mattress pump but if you stomped it hard enough you could wash the windows of the guy behind you at a stop light.
Or so I'm told...
 
Back
Top