R8 FMB22 Arbor & 400R End Mill Cutter

I bought this off Amazon, shipped direct from China. I actually bought it three times. The first two times (different seller each time) it simply did not arrive and I received full refund (after waiting up to three months!). In each of those cases, I was informed it had shipped, was charged but it never arrived.
This last time, I actually paid only C$27. I received a tracking number after about a week (I received notice that it’d shipped after about 24 hours, but the tracking info provided no information, and I was charged nonetheless). A week or so later, I received a second notice of shipment and this time the tracking number provided updates. it finally arrived after about three weeks.

I mounted it in my mill, and the run out on the arbor was well less than 0.001”.
Runout on the tips of the carbide cutters was a out 0.001”, but this could be due to the difficulty measuring the exact tip of each bit. Close enough for my needs anyway.

Overall, I am very pleased with the fit & finish. Especially for $27.

1690759075637.jpeg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I bought this off Amazon, shipped direct from China. I actually bought it three times. The first two times (different seller each time) it simply did not arrive and I received full refund (after waiting up to three months!). In each of those cases, I was informed it had shipped, was charged but it never arrived.
This last time, I actually paid only C$27. I received a tracking number after about a week (I received notice that it’d shipped after about 24 hours, but the tracking info provided no information, and I was charged nonetheless). A week or so later, I received a second notice of shipment and this time the tracking number provided updates. it finally arrived after about three weeks.

I mounted it in my mill, and the run out on the arbor was well less than 0.001”.
Runout on the tips of the carbide cutters was a out 0.001”, but this could be due to the difficulty measuring the exact tip of each bit. Close enough for my needs anyway.

Overall, I am very pleased with the fit & finish. Especially for $27.

View attachment 37038
Holy cow that sounds just about identical to my experience with ordering an R8 gear holder arbor. Glad it eventually turned out well for you also.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Mine came without issues and I too love the surface finish. I do have to make sure to tram the head to make sure it's not twisted.