• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Quick change toolholder

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Maybe others already know this but passing on as FWIW. I wanted another BXA toolholder (250-201). KBC wants $70 & of course the minimum shipping dinger fee. I decided to try one through Amazon fulfilled by Accusize. Came to my door in a day for $29 delivered (with Prime). Its awesome. Fits my tool post perfectly, dog point set screws are decent, no longer throwaway, fit & finish is nicer than any previous holders I have. These seem to be getting better over time. One detail that I spotted is the corner of the shank slot is a very crisp corner. Some of my earlier ones had a an excessive fillet from the end mill corner & no corner relief. You have to pay attention with tooling shanks that dont have have generous chamfer. If you try to push them in to make contact with the side of slot, the shank can ride up the chamfer a bit which means they are not sitting flush on the bottom.

Attachments

• SNAG-2023-01-21 5.52.45 PM.jpg
    SNAG-2023-01-21 5.52.45 PM.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 15
  • SNAG-2023-01-21 5.54.37 PM.jpg
    SNAG-2023-01-21 5.54.37 PM.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 15
I decided to try one through Amazon fulfilled by Accusize.

I've had really great success with Accusize too. Even when they failed!

I got 4 BXA holders just recently. One had a height adjustment screw installed off perpendicular. They shipped me 4 new ones and let me keep the defective ones. Very very happy.

I ordered the AXA set for my 9x20. Then ordered more of the -101 holders.
Next is some sort of rack to put them on.
I don't know one brand from the next, but I also chose Accusize. I did so based on reviews from forums mostly.
The jungle-store had the post/holder kit for a decent price.
Sure makes lathe work enjoyable.

I've had really great success with Accusize too. Even when they failed!
Although I have never purchased anything from Accusize tools.
I'm locked into who I buy from these days, but, I would certainly use them with confidence in a hobby/small shop.
I do know several small shop owners that have good things to say about them.

Not everything they sell is awesome or comparably priced, but the tool holders were a good buy IMO. The fact that they are in Canada & seem to have a healthy customer service reputation is also bonus points.

I bought 5 of the 101s and 2 of the 102s as they are the same price $25, Says they are in Richmond hill and be delivered tomorrow, that should give me a nice selection as I sort through what is worthy of a holder. Thanks for the heads up and the review..

Back