• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Question about modelling and 3D printing a part

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
OMG Gerrit. That is a hidden gem of a feature......

I am just coming up for air from my tax and farm duties. I have a little time now.

I'm gunna do a deeper dive into Fusion and see what I can do with this.....

Question - will it do more views to create 3D parts or do you have to "extrude" them?

Another Question - what 3D printer do you recommend (with what options)?

And yet another question LOL! Can I install the hobby version of Fusion on more than one computer?

OK, sorry. No more questions. This round anyway......
I use canvasses all the time.

Also some parts are much easier to create using "revolve" with a profile. Particularly cylindrical tools with critical internal dimensions and undercuts.

These were all revolved as a starting point from a sketch profile

1678935147483.png

1678935168730.png

1678935199050.png

1678935223746.png

1678935236618.png

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
My Prusa mk3 is very much setup and forget. it's what I use for most things. my enders are more for specialty things cause I can customize them for certain jobs. if you want something to just work, buy a Prusa printer but know you will be paying for that just works quality.
Agree. I have one too. Bambu has some very fast printers now in the same price range that also sound like they are reliable. I would be tempted by those as well. I'm waiting for a Prusa XL.