Prusa MK4

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I bought a Prusa MK4! I was on the waiting list for a prusa XL. It's really quite expensive - with still no real ETA - and this came out for a lot less. So I switched my order. Just figuring it all out. It's working...

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Ok real life prints with the MK4 0.4mm nozzle. 1 hour 39min. On the MK3S+ similar settings 1 hour 56 min. I thought it would be better. :oops: I'll keep trying and investigating. These are extreme parts very flat 2mm thick.
1682033213186.png

1682033300506.png

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Initial impressions. Everything is better. Software, UI, buttons, rigidity, hardware, remote operation.

BaitMaster

Super User
That’s a decently impressive gain in efficiency. I’m guessing that it’s without any dedicated time spent optimizing and tweaking for speed.

Always was impressed with my Prusa…..

Time to fill another stall in the stable? Lol

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
When printing large flat pieces I had troubles with curling/lifting (petg mostly). The solution that works for me is to add mouse ears (Google it) to my design and print them 0.4mm (two layers ) high. I put them on any 90 degree corner, so on a square I’d add four .

When the print is done i just cut them off with a utility knife. Sometimes you can break them off by folding them over

I think the circle shape bleeds heat slower. And if anything lifts it is usually the edge of the ear