• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Probably should of started here

Kris Jensen

I painted it a bright green on the inside so I could easily see the parts that drop through but after a few cuts I realized that while there is no more smoke or sparks in the garage anymore it needs to go somewhere. The water is collecting everything and now the water is brown and the green is useless. Will have to look into additives and there different uses.

There is approximately 55 gallons in it which makes the water 3" deep

kylemp

Try using either sodium nitrite or arm and hammer so clean, those will stop the rusting for a while. When I built mine I got a bag of sodium nitrite but haven't used it yet.. You don't need much apparently. Just look online for plasma quench recipes and you'll find some. The only thing I haven't found is a insecticide to add. You'll get some little bugs in there if you leave it..

The trade off for not having metal smoke in the air is a dirty table but that's a small price to pay, just try running it dry for an hour.

What plasma machine are you running?