Probably my most interesting haul yet....

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Drywall job complete. I wasn't that interested in the rest of the homeowner hardware and we agreed she was better off donating it all to a thrift store. I'm about $30 deep, and 45 minutes of time.....I figure I about broke even on this deal.....One of the more interesting ones.

I am richer for all the jokes though.....
No pics of the drywall job to show your wife?
The way I see it was just practice for your own job.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Ya, I took a pic. Homeowner made me, so I could show my Wife. lol She also told me to tell my Wife she was lucky to have a man that was handy and helpful like that around the house :D. She just about choked when I told her lol.

About procrastination etc, it's actually funny. I really enjoy doing drywall, and mudding etc. It's actually one of my favourite parts of doing renos, second only to not doing renos. Regarding my own basement, it's all the other stuff I have to do before I get to the drywall part that I've been putting off. Wife see's the walls up, and thinks it's go time. I have to hang boxes, pull wire, hang light fixtures, etc. The panel is full, so I have to pull out all the old baseboard circuits, and strip them back to make room......Drywall is the easiest part......It's actually only 4 sheets.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Pretty impressive Dan.

I pride myself on my caveman status. I've have been hauling stuff home, taking over more and more of the house and buying excessively large bulk lots for 25 years and never feared domestic unrest, retribution or revolt.

But heading out to do home improvements at another woman's house? I don't think I'd attempt that, my hats to you.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Pretty impressive Dan.

I pride myself on my caveman status. I've have been hauling stuff home, taking over more and more of the house and buying excessively large bulk lots for 25 years and never feared domestic unrest, retribution or revolt.

But heading out to do home improvements at another woman's house? I don't think I'd attempt that, my hats to you.

My wife would castrate me if I ever headed out to work on anything in another woman's house. She has green eyes. Green lightning bolts explode from them when I glance sideways at a strange woman on the street let alone attempting to follow her home or drywall anything for them. It just wouldn't happen and I know better than to even try.