Probably my most interesting haul yet....

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
So, today I sent a message for an ad for a free bench vise. I noticed she had some other stuff for free also (hand drill/press, and bench grinder), so I said I'd take it all. Showed up after work and she showed me where the tools were in the basement laundry room, said she wanted them all gone, and I was welcome to have it all. They were a problem for her, and she wanted to fix the room up for her cats. They were her Fathers tools.

Always happy to rescue someones tools to keep them out of a landfill, I obliged..... On my 4th trip out to the car.....she asked me if I wanted stuff out in the garage....Of course I am always happy to help :D. She pointed to a bunch of stuff and said take it. Socket set, sander, jigsaw, etc....

Now at this point I'm feeling pretty guilty, and told her we're now into the buying stage of the deal, and I am going to pay her for these tools she so desperately wants gone. She refuses to accept money but instead wants to know if I know anybody that can drywall a small repair in her laundry room. I don't know any guys that can in Peterborough, but told her that I would be glad to come back next week after work one night and do it in exchange for the tools I took tonight, and others I'll pick up later....

I found this hilarious, but my wife is giving me the gears about it......I have a basement that needs drywalled, I've been putting it off for over a year....and she says if it's not done by Sunday night, she's giving away all MY tools for free :D.

If you need me, I'll be in the basement.....I also need you guys to answer any ads on market place for free tools, and give them back to me :D.

I'll take a pic tomorrow when I unload the car, and finish unloading the drywall for the basement.....:D

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
There have been no less than 5 drywall jokes made in the last hour. I just came up from the basement to switch the laundry over and my Son was on the basement couch. I looked at him as was walking up the stairs and he deadpan said "you wouldn't have been able to see me if this drywall was done" lol. Then when I got up to the living room, the Wife said "what took you so long down there, were you hanging drywall down there?"

A little snapshot into my life.....:D I'm heading out to the shop.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Two cast iron extension wings from "something"
1nGYIfW.jpg

Bosch sander, and jigsaw
RiUOn6h.jpg

"challenger" canadian made socket set. IMO not the greatest quality, but good trade bait for something....
EpCDB3o.jpg

ZR5kayt.jpg

I only really wanted that bench vise.....

Grinder will be ok for out in the blacksmith shed, and maybe the "drillpress" too. Puller is "British made" that's the only marking on it. Doesn't seem that well made, but I have a nice smaller one, so this bigger one might come in handy some day. There is a few more boxes of hardware and "stuff" she wanted gone too, but I'll get that when I go back. Drywall job wont be too bad. I figure no more than 2 hours. (so double that....). It's really just hanging about 3/4 of a board. She said she'd mud......(i'll bring my stuff anyway).

BTW it was the bosch sander and jig saw that made me feel guilty and offer to pay her. The rest is bog standard "junk" that isn't high dollar quality, but not worth trying to sell one at a time on market place. She tried and just gave up trying to deal with people. I was reminded of the video I posted earlier today......

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
0P1vZlR.jpg

Drill is a Lesto. MsRrM8F.jpg

I got a bit excited when I looked it up, and This thread popped up on PM about a Lesto auto reversing drill for tapping so I had to run back out in the garage and see, but sadly no, this is just a drill. A nice one, but still just a drill.

Ian Moss

Speaking of the "tapping" drill, I have one made by Fein. Taps when pushing in and reverses when drawing back. Will accept any reasonable offer or trade fodder of interest.

trevj

Ultra Member
She's having fun with it, that's for sure.
Your Mileage May Vary a lot, but the one I had, managed to nag me (and threaten me with everything from leaving, to killing herself) until I was pretty happy to see her go. Funny enough, after blindsiding me with ten pounds of Lawyer paperwork, and still refusing to sign a support agreement (which would leaver HER actually paying taxes on the money I was sending her!), she still thinks somehow I want to be her friend. <spit> I don't need, or want, friends like that!

Hand her a Readers Digest Guide (lots, in the bookshelves at Sally-Ann) and tell her if it's all that important, that she should STFU, and get busy doing it herself. Or offer her the gift of Luggage.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Drywall job complete. I wasn't that interested in the rest of the homeowner hardware and we agreed she was better off donating it all to a thrift store. I'm about $30 deep, and 45 minutes of time.....I figure I about broke even on this deal.....One of the more interesting ones.

I am richer for all the jokes though.....

Tecnico

(Dave)
This thread just keeps giving, love it!

I really think you scored a check mark on the nice column of Santa’s naughty/nice list and both you and the lady won on that deal, well done.

Now, on the home front…..got your hands dirty yet? ;)

D :cool: