Princess Auto

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I shop here a lot but I have never seen a MYSTERY BOX before.
One for 14.92 and one for 15.92.
No opening the box and no returns. My neighbor and I reach grabbed a box. This is what I got for 15.92. I'm happy.

Attachments

• PXL_20231025_185923803.jpg
    PXL_20231025_185923803.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 98

trevj

Ultra Member
Ayup! Deal!

Before they went (or tried) 'upscale', they used to have a corner reserved for selling off the returned stuff. Used to shop that part of the store often!

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Ayup! Deal!

Before they went (or tried) 'upscale', they used to have a corner reserved for selling off the returned stuff. Used to shop that part of the store often!
They still do. Back left hand corner by the warehouse door there is a pallet with returned items for cheap. Bought my plasma cutter for 100 bucks there years ago. It was marked that the original customer said the duty cycle was too short but I'm guessing he just had it hooked to 110 instead of 220 given that the adapter plug was still in the bag.

Last edited:

jorogi

They still do. Back left hand corner by the warehouse door there is a pallet with returned items for cheap. Bought my plasma cutter for 100 bucks there years ago. It was marked that the original customer said the duty cycle was too short but I'm guessing he just had it hooked to 110 instead of 220 given that the adapter plug was still in the bag.
Or he got the job done.

trevj

Ultra Member
I have not seen a pile of used goods getting flogged off, in a fair while. Kamloops BC, is the one I shop at mostly.

Next time I am in, I am going to ask!

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Don't see much used stuff in the Saskatoon store, the odd reconditioned thing like the chainsaw i bought were junk.

trevj

Ultra Member
Sadly that is often the case. In the long run, people will abuse the no questions money back to the point where we all will be cut off or limited. I've heard people suggest it and brag about buy, use, and return.
The Home Depot I used to shop at in Edmonton, was badly abused by guys who were not willing to actually own the equipment they needed for weekend or other short projects. I was actually very much surprised when they actually refunded the guy in front of me in the lineup, on some stair spindles that had been bought as bare wood, but had been painted by the purchaser.

Set of 'nads on that guy for even suggesting that they refund him for what he did not use, but had painted...

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sadly that is often the case. In the long run, people will abuse the no questions money back to the point where we all will be cut off or limited. I've heard people suggest it and brag about buy, use, and return.
Yup I've heard of those also, I consider that pretty low life antics. I agree that in the end it affects us all.

trevj

Ultra Member
Yup I've heard of those also, I consider that pretty low life antics. I agree that in the end it affects us all.
It affects us all, already. The cost of the loss is built in to the price that the store has to charge to stay in business, so we all end up paying...

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
They don't warranty water pressure systems after 1 year, had 1 seize up just over a year after i bought it, they said i had to deal with the manufacturer, over a year old.

Haven't had a chance to play .....errr put it to work yet, but for around $45.00 it seems to tighten down well and has a fine adjustment. I think it should be okay, not sure I like the power fist decal too much, but I figure I can cover it with masking tape and write Mitsytoya, Stallit, or maybe Nova, and my kids can cash in on it when I am gone. :rolleyes: 20231030_194300.jpg

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Haven't had a chance to play .....errr put it to work yet, but for around $45.00 it seems to tighten down well and has a fine adjustment. I think it should be okay, not sure I like the power fist decal too much, but I figure I can cover it with masking tape and write Mitsytoya, Stallit, or maybe Nova, and my kids can cash in on it when I am gone. :rolleyes:View attachment 39522
My PA, I mean STARLET, works just fine. Seems pretty solid.

Tecnico

(Dave)
I have one of these too, got it on sale a while back. I don’t know how it compares to a Noga but it’s ‘way better than my old style mounts.

I actually have a similar arm from Aliex that I put on another base, it too works well after some re-work. Not the same quality as PA given the re-work needed and the finish. They painted the arms with candy red to fake anodization, lol!

D :cool:

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The Home Depot I used to shop at in Edmonton, was badly abused by guys who were not willing to actually own the equipment they needed for weekend or other short projects. I was actually very much surprised when they actually refunded the guy in front of me in the lineup, on some stair spindles that had been bought as bare wood, but had been painted by the purchaser.

Set of 'nads on that guy for even suggesting that they refund him for what he did not use, but had painted...
Canadian Tire used to have a real issue with that kind of thing as well. Then they started the "Tool Loan" program. You buy the used tool from them for full price, and when you bring it back you get your money back. In town here they have a pretty good selection of those tools everyone needs once or twice in their life. Bet it saves them mega $$ in the long run with what used to be new tools coming back after the jobs was done.