So - I decided to buy some more of those petal type LED lights that screw into a standard bulb socket. Wanted them for the garage.
Amazon is a hot mess of untested and uncertified products so I decided to go instore to buy some. Princess Auto had some at an amazing price of $19.99 so I grabbed them as they had the ETL listing marked right on the front of the package. When I got home, I thought I should double check and did the search then, only to find out a week later after I had installed them that the use of the listing mark was "unauthorized".
I had been waiting for Princess Auto to get back to me but its been a week, and they still had them listed for sale on their website just now and no follow up email after they acknowledged they got my message, so I'm posting here to warn about them.
This has broken my trust of Princess Auto as a retailer, I won't believe any certification on any product from them, I'll be verifying everything that plugs in (or not buying it from them). I would expect that they perform this check before they put the product on the shelf, not me needing to do it.


Amazon is a hot mess of untested and uncertified products so I decided to go instore to buy some. Princess Auto had some at an amazing price of $19.99 so I grabbed them as they had the ETL listing marked right on the front of the package. When I got home, I thought I should double check and did the search then, only to find out a week later after I had installed them that the use of the listing mark was "unauthorized".
I had been waiting for Princess Auto to get back to me but its been a week, and they still had them listed for sale on their website just now and no follow up email after they acknowledged they got my message, so I'm posting here to warn about them.
This has broken my trust of Princess Auto as a retailer, I won't believe any certification on any product from them, I'll be verifying everything that plugs in (or not buying it from them). I would expect that they perform this check before they put the product on the shelf, not me needing to do it.


