• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Precision Master Square MACHINIST TOOL, $700, London, ON

What does the handle look like? I have a 6" Cylinder square that came with a Kijiji lot I bought. No idea how a handle would work, but open to ideas.
Photos show an adjustable lever handle, I’m assuming so you can set it so that it doesn’t stick over the edge. Having a handle keeps your skin acids off the surfaces of the square and makes it easier to pick/put down straight away from the surface plate.

Fowler shows a U-shaped handle attached in two places on the end of their 22” tall square.

I think I’d rather have the wooden box as it would pick up some of the moisture rather than condensing on the plastic any thoughts? I don’t think this has ever been brought up before. Wood should last longer hinge wise.
Maybe, depends on your shop: I don’t have a rust problem in my semi-conditioned basement, but run a dehumidifier in the Winter (enough A/C in the Summer). I also put Zerust Tabs in boxes that I rarely open. I have some wooden boxes, but mostly steel & plastic.

I would agree about the hinges since the box is one-piece and the plastic hinge will eventually break. However, the hinges on most wooden boxes like those aren’t very robust (but you can replace/upgrade them).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back