• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Pocket NC Up and Running...

Richard Tymko

Well, I haven't posted in quite a while. I am finally up and running, have cut some nice pieces but have not assembled anything yet. Attached are a couple of items cut...
- 1mm sterling silver sheet cut for a bracelet clasp to be assembled each piece i2 10mm wide
- if you know who BB-8 is from star wars, the other image is of the orange rings on BB-8. They are made in 14k gold and the largest rings are 8mm in Dia.

Just bought some aluminum to make some gigs for cutting and shaping on the pocket NC, but my lathe is too small to turn the size of material i bought. Need to get in touch with Josh to seeif he can help me out with my gigs.

Also, anyone know of any place in calgary to buy micro endmills .25mm and .5mm?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    698.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    745.8 KB · Views: 18

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hey, I'm down, Will shoot you my number in a conversation.

For micro end mills, I always see them online, but haven't actually come across them in town just yet...

JW

Richard Tymko

I designed it and laid it out to as close to spec as I could. When I took everything apart the tabs inside of the rings didn't come out as I would have liked. So it is all getting melted down and redone. I had to over size certain elements of the design to make it look more appealing. So in other words...Mulligan.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Kens jewelry supplies has drill bits that small. Would that work? I imagine not...