• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

PMDX-126 breakout board with PMDX-107 spindle control add on

Upnorth

With the recent thread about Mach 3 I thought it might be a good time to sell some parts I have that are for use with Mach 3. I have a PMDX breakout board with the 107 spindle control board add on. They both work fine but I switched to Centroid based controls.

The current price for these at the manufacturer are $188 USD for the breakout board and $57 USD plus the usual shipping and taxes. I will sell the pair for $150 CDN shipped anywhere in Canada.

DSC_0773.JPG DSC_0774.JPG

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Just to help with the description. Compared to standard break out boards this one has the ability to support the feature called chargepump. This is a signal sent from MACH or LinuxCNC that is not just a level but a frequency output. If for some reason the PC running the CNC software goes bye-bye the charge pump, which is created by software, not hardware, vanishes and the machine goes into ESTOP. So a runaway or failed PC won't keep the spindle spinning or motors turning.

It has it's own 120 or 220 volt input power supply for running things so even with an ESTOP you can maintain this part ON for safety. This was the frame of my system on the bench before it went into a cabinet.

ReworkedControlSide.jpg

Granted this isn't as cheap as one of the $8 BoBs but it also does more and with the PMDX-107 provides a decent 0-10V for a VFD. Much better than that little blue board from China which I have here mounted on an interface carrier board for my Bergerda Spindle AC Servo. PWMSpindle-1.jpg

So I think that PMDX-126 is a useful addition if you are going CNC.

Crosche

Super User
I currently have a Syil x4 with a DMM BMB4250-8B breakout board. The DMM breakout board doesn't have optically isolated inputs and seems to be lacking compared to other control boards, so that is why I am contemplating an upgrade.