Plenty O Tools

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hmmm, some stuff i may have to bid on. Bit of a road trip, likely 3hrs as the Riverhurst ferry is still beached due to low water.

Perry

Ultra Member
Too bad it's an auction. Not knowing if you have the item or not makes it hard to set up a group purchase and pick up.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
overloaded while browsing....... 6 hour trip, loading, 6 hours back...... hmmmmm.....
Sometimes it's a blessing to have a limited budget that coincides with limited garage space.

However, not having a limit on EITHER of the two things would big a really BIG blessing (as my mother in heaven shakes her head in despair):p

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Man...that's a lot of stuff. Would be fun to go to the auction if it was in person and a couple of days closer.

I was thinking they are doing pretty good on identifying things until I ran across a number of lots of reamers labeled "drill bits" and roughing end mills called "taps". At least the pictures are good enough that you can tell what the stuff really is.

I also have a hard time swallowing the 15% "Buyers premium". 30%+ from the seller, 15% from the buyer, and 15% to the government. Suddenly waiting for a private sale starts to look a lot better than an auction.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
The Mill went for 6510.00, Lathe for 5805.00 and a sweet wooden tool chest for 750.00.
Any local guys get lucky?

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
I was watching some items, but by the time you factor in gas there and back everything I was interested in went for too much to be a good price for me except the shaper. If I had the room for the shaper it looks like it was very well complete and might have been worth picking up.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I was watching some items, but by the time you factor in gas there and back everything I was interested in went for too much to be a good price for me except the shaper. If I had the room for the shaper it looks like it was very well complete and might have been worth picking up.

What did the shaper go for?

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
I believe it went for $800. Appeared to have the vise, light belt guards and at least one tool holder.

garageguy

Super User
Premium Member
I picked up a few things, but boy did they ever screw up the machine lots. There was a derex and a rockwell dril/ cutter grinder. The accessories for BOTH were in a third lot ??? and for the fees mcdougall charges you would think they could hire somebody who knows how to take a picture.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
For sure Mcdougall's are not shy with their fees. and screw up when sorting tools into proper lots. I bought a large bunch of stuff at another auction3 years ago, there was a large piece for an old milling machine in my stuff. Told one of the guys working about it, they could care less. I didn't bid on anything yesterday.

garageguy

Super User
Premium Member
there were a few good deals I saw. Depends on what you need. I think the best deals were on specialty tools. There was a "hand press" that was actually a hand tapping tool, KBC price on similar item is $758, got it for $30 . But you have to do your research!

Scattered Parts

Mike
Premium Member
I picked up a transformer for my EMCO lathe so I can finally get it running. Also took a flier on some micrometer. Really hard to tell what all was in the lot, but the price was right. Will know in a few days if it was worth it. I am lucky I have some friends in Gravelbourg that are picking my stuff up and bringing it to me in Regina.