• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Plasma Cutter

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I've done some amateur act airbrushing with templates & I'm struggling to understand why you would want something thick like coroplast for the spray template itself? Typically masks want to be thin to preserve the sharpest edge possible. Think typical masking or striping tape. Thickish templates have another downside & that's the vertical wall holds wet paint, so if it has sufficient buildup, can back flow down & smear muck up your work. Are we talking the template or the sign material? The stencils I've seen are like 1mm thick mylar (or one of those tough plastics that are solvent proof). Thin templates can also wrap around curved surfaces a bit if that's a parameter.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I'm using a piece of 1 mm plastic salvaged from a projection TV. Milling plastic is definitely a learning experience. Last attempt it probably cut about 50% of the time and melted the rest. Came out ok tho.