• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Pin and Wheel, Acetal / Delrin

K

Kevin

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to make a small wheel and pin (5 of each) from Acetal or Delrin Rod. Overall dimensions are:

Pin - Dia.23mm x 31mm long with one step.
Wheel - Dia.51mm x 25.4mm long with a few steps and bores.

I can email detailed drawings.

Thanks,
Kevin

Jyman

Hey Kevin,

You can pm me the drawings, as I would be interested in taking a look.

Do you have the material or does it need to be supplied?
How soon are you looking at needing them??

I'm located in Sherwood park

Jon

Last edited:

KHen4

Hi Jon. I can't figure out how to pm but the drawings should be attached below. I can supply the material. Not in a huge rush but ideally within 4 weeks.

Thanks for taking a look,
Kevin

Attachments

• Pin,Hardware.pdf
    18 KB · Views: 77
  • Wheel,Hardware.pdf
    18.9 KB · Views: 70

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Interesting drawings. Twenty questions... Why is the threaded hole in the pin offset by 1.5mm from centre? Why Delrin or Acetal instead of steel or aluminium perhaps? The wheels have some very specific small radius on the inside dimension. What is that for? Did you get any quotes on this from pro shops? How much? Thanks for posting - it's interesting.
One more, what are these parts for? Pictures would be viewed avidly by the group.

KHen4

These parts are for barn door hardware. The threaded hole is offset to allow for some adjustment / alignment of the doors. I'm not 100% sure this is necessary but I've noticed the door frame, where I'm installing these doors, is not square. The wheel needs to be softer than aluminum but the pin could easily be another material. The small radius in the wheel is to accept a bearing. There doesn't need to be a radius here but it cannot be bigger than specified. I haven't gotten any quotes as I'm not familiar with any local shops. Open to some suggestions though :)

Attachments

• Hardware Use.pdf
    367.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Hanger,Assembly.pdf
    156.2 KB · Views: 61

EricB

Cool, looks like a very fun project! If my lathe was in one piece I'd offer to help, but that'll be a while.

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Jyman

If it was me I would probably make the pins out of aluminum instead of the plastic, they might last longer in the long term.

And I could probably help you out but I don't think I could do it until after chirstmas. As I think my girlfriend would not approve before Christmas.