• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Picked this up last week

Hacker

Super User
I bought it for the endmills and ended up with a couple of tool posts, a faceplate, and 6" Bison chuck.

I got the endmills for a good price but they all have a taper on the end. All the tapers are different from 60 degrees to 87 and I was wondering what they would have been used for. I was thinking for valve seats but not sure.

I can't use the tool posts or faceplate so I plan on cleaning them up and and selling them at some point.

C Tool post and holders.jpg Tool Post and holders.jpg faceplate.jpg Endmills.jpg
Endmills11.jpg

what size/type tool posts and what type of spindle for the face plate? I'm looking for an L0 face plate and a CXA toolpost.

Hacker

Super User
The tool post is a piston type and uses the CXA holders. There are 4 holders.
Here are a few more pictures. I was more interest in finding out what the why the endmills had that grind on them. I really didn't think the items would get much interest or I would have posted them in the for sale and done a better job of providing descriptions. Sorry guys I don't have access to the internet when I am out in the shop so I only check it when I am in the house.

Attachments

• tool holder.jpg
    tool holder.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 6
  • tool holder2.jpg
    tool holder2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 6
  • faceplate2.jpg
    faceplate2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 7
  • faceplate.jpg
    faceplate.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 8

Tom O

Ultra Member
I’m interested in a cxa tool post also those 4 sided single height things I hate.
I am looking for 3/4” tool holders though.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Nice haul! Lots of nice goodies.

(I have self control and therefore am not interested in any of it...and I'm going to keep telling myself that)

Hacker

Super User
I believe you are right with regards to the faceplate. The chuck is mounted on a backplate with a taper on it. I am not sure what it was mounted on. Definitely not a lathe.