• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Partner/Milltronics CNC Mill $3000 Langley BC

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Probably a good deal, even if the CNC controller is sketchy

IMG_6538.png

Attachments

• IMG_6537.png
    IMG_6537.png
    2 MB · Views: 3

trevj

Ultra Member
Centurion 6 control runs a Pentium class, industrial, single board computer, on a backplane.

The CRT screen, if not color, can be easily replaced by a LCD monitor, and you can have full color display. Should be a plug to push a keyboard serial plug in to, inside the front display housing too.

I ran a Milltronics with a Centurion 5 controller in it, at work, and eventually bought it's sister machine, when it went up on CADC. Milltronics was pretty good about support on these old machines.

trevj

Ultra Member
I'll add that according to a service tech that used to do a lot with these machines, the only part that is actually three phase, in the machine, is the VFD that runs the head, the rest are tapped off 110v/120v.

According to him, put hots on #1, and #2, on the VFD, and jumper #2, and #3 together, and it should run fine on single phase power.