• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Pacific Arc Tig Welding

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
TIG is my favorite process, Sadly I am only decent on flat horizontal welds. But to me it is very relaxing. I've been known to just weld flat bar together over and over because I just enjoy the rhythm once you get into the groove. Odd, I know, but relaxing. Years ago I scored a big Baldor buffer for a song. That thing makes any weld look shiny and nice.

In my mind I want to be this guy, but I'll have to settle for lawnmower and snowblower repairs instead: 1614567668304.png

Last edited:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
TIG is my favorite process, Sadly I am only decent on flat horizontal welds. But to me it is very relaxing. I've been known to just weld flat bar together over and over because I just enjoy the rhythm once you get into the groove. Odd, I know, but relaxing. Years ago I scored a big Baldor buffer for a song. That thing makes any weld look shiny and nice.

In my mind I want to be this guy, but I'll have to settle for lawnmower and snowblower repairs instead: https://www.reddit.com/r/Art/comments/8y5jtn

Hey Pete, I completely agree with you on the relaxing aspect of TIG.
(Looks like the link is messed up somehow)