• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Oregon Auction

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
That shaper was my last item on my wish list. I can't fit or use anything else.

This year will be reorganizing my shop for all the machine rebuilds.

Everything I own except one machine was bought used, directly from the seller. It takes a lot of patience and discipline, but great deals on excellent machines can be had privately. My 8X32 Modern mill was bought at less than half of fair market value, and the seller was very happy I didn't dicker the price. I was the 3rd one to view it and I began writing the cheque as soon as I saw it. The other 2 people tried to cut down the price(!!).

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I do not own a single machine that I did not get used (unless you count a welder) - I did in the past but I sold both (mini mill and Craftex 089 lathe). Currently I have
Non-auction: 5, 3 from kijiji, 2 used store
Auction: 10

On auction if you get lucky and get a lot, after you sell items you don't need you can end up with negative price. Of course selling == work so one has to factor that in.