• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

CA-ON Ontario members, 6061 for sale

Ontario
Type
Metal

garageguy

Super User
Premium Member
Just putting this out there . I am watching a FB group called "machinist" . maybe some of you are as well. Guy near toronto has a swack of 6061 for sale. Henry Glover is the name. I do not know how to send a link so no help there, sorry.

Just putting this out there . I am watching a FB group called "machinist" . maybe some of you are as well. Guy near toronto has a swack of 6061 for sale. Henry Glover is the name. I do not know how to send a link so no help there, sorry.
Do you have a phone number for Henry ?
I could use more 6061.

There is no phone number listed. The posting is from May 10 (2024, I presume) and it threatens to take all 1,500 pounds to the scrap yard. Some or all may be gone? OTOH, it is 27mm 6061 T6 in 300 to 400 mm lengths.

The poster apparently lives in Orangeville but it isn't clear where the material is located. Selling price is also unclear, just "greater than scrap value".

Craig

The Facebook page is not accessible anymore.
Thanks Craig.
I will keep looking around KWC.

Back