• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Online Tools, calculators, and Apps

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
The ASM has a heat treaters app for iPhone and Android. It's free. It is called "Heat Treater's Guide Companion". They have a $300 book too but the app explains how to heat treat many different metals. e.g. 4140

Heat treat 4140 -
Annealing. For a predominately pearlitic structure heat to 1555F, cool fairly rapidly to 1390F then cool from 130F to 1230F at a rate not to exceed 25F per hour.... more in the app.​

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
cool! the pamphlet I have isn't as specific!
[edit] What I proposed was the drawing temperatures, rather than critical annealing temperatures. It is recommended to anneal after welding as well!

Last edited: