One Night Stand

wmetfab

Mower, I am a maniac. Thank you for the compliment :) :)

Thank you Jswain, 6.5, Eng

Nice N firm Ironman :).

Mickey, it was the second size up, 2x1x3/16" I was happy about that, gave great stiffness

Engmaxx

(Michael)
Wait, just saw that huge 'wood' saw behind the stack of wood or maybe not wood saw. You have some toys.

wmetfab

If that's your work all "washed up", I'd say you were probably pretty damn good when you were younger. Very nice job! I like the beefy chip pan, Kerf bending like that is a great trick for thicker stuff. Feels like magic.

A stand for my Myford has been on the list since I bought it about 10 years ago. One thing that kills me about mine is the height. I hate short lathes, they are back killers. I'd like to build something similar to yours, and you've given me some ideas.
Thank you for the kind compliment Dan.
I had this boss one time, first real fab shop I worked in. He was a real wild man...like to party a lot. One day he said to me "You're only as good as you think you are" I thought to myself .. you're kind of an egotistical prick..
As the years passed i came to realize, that he was right.

I used what I had, needed to sacrifce the space used to bring something new in. I had 2 similar tables, the other a 3/16 plate but wider and not as flat. I knew the 1/4 thk. Would be less work underneath with supports.

I remembered the Voest I had, high bed height, easy to see the work.
This time , the biggest factor for me was the apron handhweel position so I dont have to extend my arm fully.

I saw on here someone made a stand out of beefy tube.
That was the inspiration to do this. Thanks to them.

Take the time to raise your machine Dan, I will be a lot nicer to use.