• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Tips/Techniques On coiling bandsaw blades

Tips/Techniques
For many here this is already old hat. Some new to machining may want this reminder video. I've shown a similar technique to around 5 guys here in Calgary, but if you don't do it often, it is easy to for get, so here's a good video on how to do it:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
oops. My explanation was flawed - 3 loops is only 2 opposing twists, not four. My fault.

Ouch! I think I just had an aneurism and then banged my head on the wall. I don't know which was worse.

I had the aneurism when I read that you think you messed up with only two twists.

Then I fell against the wall when I realized you were a lot like Einstein whose biggest mistake was thinking he made a mistake.

I think there are 4. The two you make when you fold the sides over and another counteracting one in each of the two loops when you fold the "double" down onto the third.

If there were only two, they would already be there with each of the first two folds and there would be no need for the final fold.

susquatch.jpg

See what you started!!!! LOL!

Ouch! I think I just had an aneurism and then banged my head on the wall. I don't know which was worse.

I had the aneurism when I read that you think you messed up with only two twists.

Then I fell against the wall when I realized you were a lot like Einstein whose biggest mistake was thinking he made a mistake.

I think there are 4. The two you make when you fold the sides over and another counteracting one in each of the two loops when you fold the "double" down onto the third.

If there were only two, they would already be there with each of the first two folds and there would be no need for the final fold.

View attachment 25399

See what you started!!!! LOL!
So, which one do you figure came first, chicken or egg?

....... Probably shouldn't have done that to you before the first coffee......:p

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Too late. Already having my coffee. Spilled it laughing...... :eek:

Chickens are evolved from dinosaurs. Dinosaurs laid eggs. Dinosaurs came before chickens. Therefore the egg came first.

Are you glad you asked?

(Insert evil grin here)