• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Okanagan here

wmetfab

Hello All,

I'm Rob.
I'm a retired JM metal fabricator, welder, millwright, carpenter, finisher farmer and much much more.
I've been in construction and industry all my life, since I was a kid.

Fab/machine shops sawmills, gas plant, commercial, residential and industrial construction..
Ran a metal fabrication business for 19 yrs, misc metals and structural steel,
I had an outstanding reputation for quality work. After 2009 sub prime deal I had to downsize and sell everything.
From 2010 to 2021 I sold and installed agricultural machinery that was hard work but it was real good to me.

Retired from all of it, now out to pasture... glue factory soon.
Lol

Now I collect, cut and polish rocks and minerals restore and recondition lapidary machines.
I maintain some small metalwork capabity, just got myself a nice little lathe, thats how I ended up here.
Best regards,

Rob

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Now I collect, cut and polish rocks and minerals restore and recondition lapidary machines.
I maintain some small metalwork capabity, just got myself a nice little lathe, thats how I ended up here.

Welcome to our band of merry metal workers.

I've been retired for 17 going on 18 years now. Funny how life changes over time. I enjoyed your eclectic list of jobs.

I've always liked rocks. Prolly why I like growing rocks on my farm. Never tried polishing them though. Show us some pics of your favorites.

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
Hey Rob, welcome to the forum! I'm in Abbotsford - visitors are welcome !

Show us some of your projects!

Grant T

Welcome neighbor, hope to meet you some day, welcome aboard.
Grant from Peachland B.C.

Last edited by a moderator:

wmetfab

Thanks again
Anyone who is close enough by is welcome to visit me here anytime.
Especially if u like rocks and crystals.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks again
Anyone who is close enough by is welcome to visit me here anytime.
Especially if u like rocks and crystals.

I love rocks so much that I grow them on my farm...... I usually harvest about 20 bushels an acre each year. Wish I could sell them..... I've tried pick your own but everyone just wants the pre-picked ones.

DFIN996

Welcome Rob. My wife and I ride throught Osoyoos almost every summer. We love the roads in B.C.. Gonna be in your area again in Aug. on our way home from Victoria.

Dean (Millarville. AB)